Monday, May 16, 2011

Favorite Girl Names

I’ve had a fascination with names since I was about 13. I think it is because my name is so unusual. I used to compile lists that were two pages or longer in length. I’m not that obsessed fascinated anymore but I still keep a mental list of names I like. It comes in really handy for playing the Sims 2 and writing stories.

  1. Zoey I think this is my all-time favorite girl name, Just unique enough that there aren’t a million Zoeys running around.
  2. Claire This is one of the names from the original list and has been on it in all the incarnations. Claire was a book character’s name. Disliked the character, loved the name.
  3. Nina Came from the same book as Claire and if I remember correctly they were sisters. I did like Nina.
  4. Laurel I love the way it sounds
  5. Eleanor or Elinor I cannot figure out which spelling I like better.
  6. Eowyn This is the Tolkien fan in me, I suppose.
  7. Lucy Lucy is a very British name to me and that appeals to me.
  8. Ava Ava was the name of a very dear family friend and I think of her every time I see the name.
  9. Audra  I can’t say exactly why I like this name but I really do.
  10. Evangeline Another British to me name.
Does anyone else collect names for stories and computer games?
For more Top Ten Lists visit Oh Amanda
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...