Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How To Make the Most of Pinterest

pinterest main
I am a huge fan of Pinterest. It has become the online version of tearing bits of magazines out for future reference for me. {I’m not the only one who has done that am I? I’ve only done it to my magazines}
It can be overwhelming at first. I know it was for me at any rate. I’m going to share my tips on how to make the most of your time using Pinterest.


Install the Bookmark

bookmarklet on toolbar
Unless you are going to just repin what other users have pinned you’ll need to install the Pint It Bookmark


Pinning and Pin Boards

When you see something online that you want to remember and share with other users, click the Pin It bookmark.
pin it menu
This menu will appear allowing you to select the image you want to represent your pin. Click on the image you want to use.

pinboard category
This screen then appears. For me coming up with a category and description for the pins is the most difficult part.

pin category filled
Fill in your category and description and click “Pin It”

pinned success
This is what shows up if you’ve put in the required information. Even after 6 weeks of usage I don’t always remember every time.

The individual pins make up a pinboard. My Fabulous Foods pinboard is shown below
fab foods pinboard

I mentioned re-pinning earlier. Here’s how you do that.
repin
Click the handy repin button

Repin Menu
Select or create your category and hit repin.
You can also follow users or individual pinboards
follow
When you find a user or pinboard you’d like updates from just click follow.

That should cover it, if you have any questions or comments let me know and I will answer them as best as I can. You can also follow me on Pinterest if you’d like.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...