Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Proofreading Tip

Spell and grammar checks on blog platforms  are fine and dandy but don't always catch errors. Like how I almost typed the word daddy instead of dandy in the previous sentence. When blogging spelling and grammar are two things people are very likely to notice when it is incorrect.

Sometimes after spending hours drafting and typing a blog post everything blurs together and I fail to notice stupid mistakes. The tip my high school yearbook adviser gave me when I was copy editor has saved my neck many times.  Read it backwards. Start at the last word and read to the first. You actually have to pay attention to what you are reading and cannot mindlessly skim and miss obvious errors.

Not exactly earth shattering information but it works for me.


For more blogging tips visit We are THAT Family

Like what you read? To get new posts delivered subscribe to Aint Mimi in a reader or by email It is completely free; it just takes a couple minutes of your time.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...