Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Top Twenty Tuesdays: the things that remind me of high school edition



Welcome to the first edition of Top Twenty Tuesday. This week is all about the music, television shows, movies and fashions that remind me of my high school days.
  1. All for You- Sister Hazel. Every time I hear this song I am transported back to my Junior year of high school.
  2. Clueless. One of the two hit movies of my Freshman year.
  3. Romeo + Juliet. The other hit movie of that year.
  4. Hanson. Mmmm Bop. Enough said people. :-)
  5. Dawson's Creek.The "water cooler" show for my high school.
  6. Scream. The movie with 30 year olds playing teenagers in peril. 
  7. *NSync. 
  8. Third Eye Blind.
  9. Felicity. This show started my 12th grade year and was what I thought college would be like.
  10. Tuxedo Inn t-shirts. What the preppy kids wore.
  11. Butterfly clips. You couldn't walk in to Claire's without seeing them.
  12. Flood by Jars of Clay
  13. d.c. Talk
  14. Titanic. My sister, my high school bestie and I saw this at the walk-in that is no more. We all cried our eyes out when Rose tells Jack that she'll never let go.
  15. C'Mon Ride It (The Train)- Quad City DJs. This song was played at every dance I went to.
  16. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I remember when Sarah Michelle Gellar was on Swan's Crossing.
  17. Kiss Me-Six Pence None the Richer. First time I heard the song was when I was out to eat before my Senior Prom
  18. Ruby Tuesday. That is where I ate at before my Junior prom. Sadly, the one I actually ate at has since been closed.
  19. I Know What You Did Last Summer. Yet another scary movie for teens.
  20. She's All That. Teen flicks ruled the late 90s
There you have this week's Top Twenty Tuesday. See you next week!

Like what you read? To get new posts delivered subscribe to Aint Mimi in a reader or by email It is completely free; it just takes a couple minutes of your time.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...